POCAHONTAS COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Wes Beneke, RN
HOME HEALTH AIDES:
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST:
Click below to view form/document.
Get Your Flu Shot!
Flu vaccine is available for those 6 months and older. High dose flu vaccine is available for 65+.
We accept Medicare Part B, Wellmark BCBS of Iowa, Pay Privately, or qualify for our Vaccines for Children Program. (Advantage Plans, Aetna, Humana, Coventry, etc. not accepted.)
Private Pay Fees (Check Only)
- Fluarix (6months & up) $30
- Fluzone High Dose (65+) $65
About the Department
Pocahontas County Public Health will strive to apply public health knowledge to prevent, promote, and protect the health of the individuals and the entire community, serving all ages and income levels.
We exist to ensure that people in our community have equitable opportunities and resources to lead healthier, more fulfilling, and longer lives.
Pocahontas County Public Health provides experienced professional services to persons in their own homes. Clients receive personalized services in a familiar environment and can be active participants in their care. Family members receive education and support to assist with caring for their loved ones. Our service is available to anyone meeting admission criteria regardless of funding. For a FREE home visit to evaluate for services CALL: 712-335-4142
- Skilled Nursing
- Home Health Aides
- Homemaker Services
- Family Foundations
- Immunizations & Flu Clinics
- Maternal/Child Health
- Communicable Disease Follow-up & Prevention
- Tuberculosis Monitoring & Follow-up
- DME Loan Closet
- Lifeline Medical Alert System
- WIC Clinics & Dental Screenings
- Emergency Preparedness
- Health Promotion
- Child Safety Seat Checks
- DNA Testing
- Environmental Health Services
Pocahontas County Board of Health
The Pocahontas County Board of Health supports local public health vision, mission, and advocacy and encourage community involvement in setting public health priorities.
Current Board Members:
- Donna Stall
- Connie Schachtner
- Kyle Smith
- Selena Meacham, FNP
- Kylie Maurer, PA-C
- Annette Devereaux
- Polly Zaugg
Duties of the Board of Health
- Appoint a qualified Administrator; administrative and supervisory functions shall not be delegated to another Agency or organization.
- Adopt and periodically review the Agency’s policies governing operations of the Health Department.
- Oversee the management and fiscal affairs of the Agency. This shall include participation in preparing the annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan with final approval granted.
- Meet regularly as needed to conduct business, and when called by Chairperson they will conduct meetings in accordance with State of Iowa open meeting law.
- Establish a fee schedule for the service by the Health Department according to the cost of provision of said service. A sliding fee scale will be adopted considering income and family size.