POCAHONTAS COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
21 3rd Avenue NE
Pocahontas, IA 50574
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST:
Click below to view form/document.
Flu Vaccine is available to those 6 months of age & older. Especially people who are medically high risk and those who have not had a severe reaction to eggs. Please contact your doctor if you have specific questions on recommendations.
Please bring a copy of your Medicare Part B card with you OR a check.
Fluarix Quadrivalent – 6 months and older – $30
Open to the public, no appointment necessary.
(Aetna, Humana & Coventry not accepted.)
*Immunizations will be given as long as supplies last.*
Pocahontas County Health Department is a pick-up site for at-home COVID-19 test kits.
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) and State Hygienic Laboratory (SHL) recently announced that Test Iowa will end operations on July 16, 2021. An at-home test kit program will be provided to Iowans free of charge following the closure of Test Iowa. Iowans will be able to receive at-home saliva test kits via direct shipping to the requestor’s home or by picking up test kits at local pick-up sites like Pocahontas County Health Department. The test sample is returned by the patient to the State Hygienic Laboratory using a prepaid label included with the test kit.
For more information on the at-home COVID-19 test kits or to call ahead to pick one up, please call Pocahontas County Health Department at 712-335-4142.
About the Department
The purpose of the Health Department shall be to prevent disease, promote rehabilitation, and provide health education.
Department Duties & Services
- Skilled Home Care
- Adult & Child Immunizations
- Communicable Disease Program
- Maternal Child Adolescent Health
- Health Screenings, Assessment & Education
- Emergency Preparedness
- DME loan closet
Pocahontas County Board of Health
The Pocahontas County Board of Health supports local public health vision, mission, and advocacy and encourage community involvement in setting public health priorities.
Current Board Members:
- Donna Stall
- Connie Schachtner
- Kyle Smith
- Selena Meacham, FNP
- Kylie Maurer, PA-C
Duties of the Board of Health
- Appoint a qualified Administrator; administrative and supervisory functions shall not be delegated to another Agency or organization.
- Adopt and periodically review the Agency’s policies governing operations of the Health Department.
- Oversee the management and fiscal affairs of the Agency. This shall include participation in preparing the annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan with final approval granted.
- Meet regularly as needed to conduct business, and when called by Chairperson they will conduct meetings in accordance with State of Iowa open meeting law.
- Establish a fee schedule for the service by the Health Department according to the cost of provision of said service. A sliding fee scale will be adopted considering income and family size.