POCAHONTAS COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Click below to view form/document.
As of 5/18/2021, there has been 899 cases of COVID-19 reported in Pocahontas County residents. That is up 23 from 4/13/2021.
The COVID-19 response is ongoing. Response efforts have included education, information sharing with staff, community, local residents, businesses, collaboration with local health partners and schools and others regarding latest guidance, isolation and quarantine recommendations.
IDPH continues to provide weekly webinars on several COVID-19 topics and updates. The first COVID-19 vaccine doses arrived on December 21st.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
Moderna: (20 doses remaining)
Prime (1st) doses administered: 1680 (1700 received)
Boost (2nd) doses administered: 1600 (1700 received)
Johnson & Johnson:
200 doses allocated on 3/31 to use at Bobalee, Inc. and for special or at-risk populations
30 doses used at Bobalee on April 9th
10 doses used at our office on May 13th
160 doses remaining
UPCOMING VACCINATION SCHEDULE – (CLINICS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!)
May 21st – 60 2nd doses from 4/23 2 – 4pm in the Assembly Room
June 10th – 20 2nd doses from 5/13 at our office
Anne Thompson, Administrator
About the Department
The purpose of the Health Department shall be to prevent disease, promote rehabilitation, and provide health education.
Department Duties & Services
- Child, Adolescent and Adult Immunizations
- Tuberculosis (TB) Control Program
- Communicable disease teaching and follow up
- Community education on health related topics and prevention
- Emergency preparedness planning & prevention
- Response to disasters & assist in recovery
- Disease prevention, surveillance & follow-up
- Senior Health - visit Home Care Aide Agency for more information
- Disease surveillance & follow-up
- Tobacco Prevention
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Education
Pocahontas County Board of Health
The Pocahontas County Board of Health supports local public health vision, mission, and advocacy and encourage community involvement in setting public health priorities.
Current Board Members:
- Donna Stall
- Connie Harmon
- Joe Kramer
- Kyle Smith
- Dr. Ted George
Duties of the Board of Health
- Appoint a qualified Administrator; administrative and supervisory functions shall not be delegated to another Agency or organization.
- Adopt and periodically review the Agency’s policies governing operations of the Health Department.
- Oversee the management and fiscal affairs of the Agency. This shall include participation in preparing the annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan with final approval granted.
- Meet regularly as needed to conduct business, and when called by Chairperson they will conduct meetings in accordance with State of Iowa open meeting law.
- Establish a fee schedule for the service by the Health Department according to the cost of provision of said service. A sliding fee scale will be adopted considering income and family size.