POCAHONTAS COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Click below to view form/document.
In regards to the COVID-19 vaccine, our frontline healthcare providers and long term care residents and staff are currently receiving the vaccine. We will continue to follow the guidance as required by Iowa Department of Public Health, the ACIP and the CDC for the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine to residents in Pocahontas County.
Pocahontas County Health Department will continue to provide accurate and updated information via local media like newspapers and radio, our Pocahontas County website or you can follow “Public Health of Pocahontas, Iowa” on Facebook.
This vaccine is a historic scientific milestone, but we still need to keep ourselves, our families and our neighbors safe and healthy.
Remember to wash your hands often, wear a face mask, cover your coughs and sneezes, keep six feet apart from others and stay home when sick.
Thank you for doing your part to stop the COVID-19 spread!
Anne Thompson, Administrator
About the Department
The purpose of the Health Department shall be to prevent disease, promote rehabilitation, and provide health education.
Department Duties & Services
- Child, Adolescent and Adult Immunizations
- Tuberculosis (TB) Control Program
- Communicable disease teaching and follow up
- Community education on health related topics and prevention
- Emergency preparedness planning & prevention
- Response to disasters & assist in recovery
- Disease prevention, surveillance & follow-up
- Senior Health - visit Home Care Aide Agency for more information
- Disease surveillance & follow-up
- Tobacco Prevention
- Lead Poisoning Prevention Education
Pocahontas County Board of Health
The Pocahontas County Board of Health supports local public health vision, mission, and advocacy and encourage community involvement in setting public health priorities.
Current Board Members:
- Donna Stall
- Connie Harmon
- Joe Kramer
- Kyle Smith
- Dr. Ted George
Duties of the Board of Health
- Appoint a qualified Administrator; administrative and supervisory functions shall not be delegated to another Agency or organization.
- Adopt and periodically review the Agency’s policies governing operations of the Health Department.
- Oversee the management and fiscal affairs of the Agency. This shall include participation in preparing the annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan with final approval granted.
- Meet regularly as needed to conduct business, and when called by Chairperson they will conduct meetings in accordance with State of Iowa open meeting law.
- Establish a fee schedule for the service by the Health Department according to the cost of provision of said service. A sliding fee scale will be adopted considering income and family size.