FAQ: How/where do I...?



Property Taxes
Pay your property taxes in the Treasurer's Office. Property taxes can also be paid online on the Iowa County Treasurers website at https://www.iowatreasurers.org/parceldetail.php?idCounty=76.

Vehicle Registration
Pay your vehicle registration in the Treasurer's Office. Vehicle registration can also be paid online on the Iowa County Treasurers website at https://www.iowatreasurers.org/tagsearch.php.

Recreational Vehicle Registration
Pay for registration and titles for your recreation vehicles (such as boats, snowmobiles, ATVs and ORVs) by visiting the Recorder's Office.

Court Fine
Pay for court fees by contacting the Clerk of Court.

Drainage Assessment
Pay your drainage assessment(s) in the Treasurer's Office. For specific questions regarding drainage assessments and repairs, contact the Auditor's Office.



For Jobs in Pocahontas County
Apply for jobs in Pocahontas County by viewing the employment page.

For a Permit to Carry (Weapons Permit)
Apply for a weapons permit by visiting the Pocahontas County Sheriff's Office.

For a Driveway Construction Permit
Apply for an entrance construction permit by requesting an application through the Engineer's Office.

For an Oversize Permit
Apply for an oversize/overweight permit by filling out the Oversize/Overweight Permit Application and submitting it to the Engineer's Office.

For a Marriage License
Apply for a marriage license by completing the Application for License to Marry in Iowa and submitting it with payment to the Recorder's Office. Prior to submitting an application, read the State of Iowa Marriage Instructions.

For a Business Loan
Apply for a low-interest business loan through the Pocahontas County Economic Development Commission Revolving Loan Fund. Contact the PCEDC office for more information and to complete an application.

For General Assistance
Apply for general assistance by completing the Application for General Assistance and contacting the General Assistance office.

For a Building Permit
Apply for a building permit by filling out the Application for Building Permit and submitting it to the Zoning Office.

For the Homestead Tax Credit
Apply for the homestead tax credit by completing the Homestead Tax Credit Application and submitting it to the Assessor's Office.

For Mental Health Services
Apply for mental health services by completing through the County Social Services Application and contacting the Social Services office.



To Vote
Register to vote by completing an Official Voter Registration Form and submit it to the Auditor's Office. You can also register to vote online at https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote#item-212645.

To Absentee Vote
Register to absentee vote by requesting an absentee ballot. Complete the Official Absentee Ballot Request Form and submit it to the Auditor's Office. Contact the Auditor's Office to find out due dates for each election.

Your Vehicle
Register your vehicle in the Treasurer's Office. You may also renew your vehicle registration online at: https://www.iowatreasurers.org/tagsearch.php.

Your Recreational Vehicle
Register your recreational vehicle (boats, snowmobiles, ATVs/ORVs) in the Recorder's Office.

Your Community Event
Register your event by submitting details online here. We'll post it to the county calendar and the Pocahontas County Facebook page.




Your Driver's License
Get your driver's license by going to the Treasurer's Office between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

A Copy of Your Birth Certificate
Get a copy of a birth certificate by completing the Vital Records Request Form and submitting it with payment to the Recorder's Office.

A Copy of a Death Certificate
Get a copy of a death certificate by completing the Vital Records Request Form and submitting it with payment to the Recorder's Office.

Public Records
Get public records by requesting them through the Recorder's Office.

Supervisors Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Get Board of Supervisors meeting agendas and minutes by viewing the agendas and minutes page.

A Copy of the Ballot
Get a copy of the election ballot by requesting it from the Auditor's Office.

Emergency & Weather Alerts
Register to receive Wireless Emergency Alerts through the Emergency Management office at http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/pocahontas_ia/wens.cfm.

County Newsletters
Register to receive periodic county newsletters at http://eepurl.com/cWXPN5.


How/where do I...?

View Property Information
View Pocahontas County property information by visiting http://www.beacon.schneidercorp.com/. For more property information, contact the Assessor's Office.

Get my Child Immunized
Contact the Public Health office to find out more information on immunizations and vaccinations.

Get Water/Environmental Testing
Contact the Public Health office to find out more about water and environmental testing.

Rent a Cabin
Contact the Conservation office to rent a cabin or camping spot in Pocahontas County.

Contact my Supervisor
Visit the Board of Supervisors page or the Staff Directory to view the supervisors' contact information. View the supervisors districts map if you are unsure who your supervisor is.

Know my VA Benefits
Contact the Veterans Affairs office to learn more about your benefits or to set up an appointment.

Get Help Paying Bills
Contact the General Assistance Office to learn how to get help paying your bills.

View Iowa Land Records
To view Iowa land records, visit https://iowalandrecords.org/portal/.